Friday, August 8, 2008

Sailing on Sumara


We are in Norway and we were racing, me Alasdair, Daddy and Alexis onthe Good Ship Sumara. We were racing against Colin Archers, if you want, I can write down the story.


Colin Archer was an English man, all the fisher men got sunk in their boats because of the thunder storms. Colin Archer was sad because all the fisher men had died, so he invented a massive strong strong boat, that could never break. Look at this picture, it is one of the Colin Archers. Colin Archer is dead now, it was over a hundred years ago now. This is the end of the story.


We were racing at the Wooden Boat Festival in Risor at the side of the harbour in Norway. The water came onto the boat because Sumara is so thin, I was down below and the port hole was covered in water, Alexis got wet by the water as it got even higher. We raced really well and came third! Alasdair won a jacket as his prize and I had six puddings that evening!


By Jacobus Halsall

I miss Dylan, Luke and all my friends.

5 comments:

Holger said...

Dear Jacobus,

this is a very nice story about sad Colin Archer!

Well done!

Greetings from your German friend,
Holger.
(Also known as "The man with the Toblerone".)

Lukas said...

from Lukas to Jakobus we went to our nana and grandpas house to play and I played tennis with my brother and dad. It's raining here!

turquoisenicki said...

Hello Jack. I started Chalgrove Cavaliers Football Club. It is very good and i saved some shots and i scored a goal on my first match. we have been looking at your blog. the dolphins sound excellent. Bye. From Dylan

turquoisenicki said...

Hi Jack - this is Nicki, Dylan's Mum. Dylan is already in bed but in the morning I will show him your blog. Its horrible feeling sea sick so I hope you don't get too much of it! Being on Brimble sounds fantastic - nothing much exciting is happening in Cholsey, you are having much more fun! Take care, Nicki

Anaïs said...

Dear Jacobus,
I am very happy because Mrs Bray is really nice. We have celebrated the school’s 30th birthday. We wore a special T-shirt. We made a big mosaic. You can see it when you come back. There is a new boy in the class. He is very nice and his name is Max. Have fun. Love. Anaïs