Monday, November 24, 2008

My new friends by Ella 24/11/08


My new friends are nine and seven and their names are Josie and Clemmie. I first met them in Porto Santo and played with them on the beach and on their boat. They waved me off when I set sail from Madeira to Tenerife and then I have waved them off from here when they set sail for La Gomera and we have a date to meet in Barbados for Christmas.



They are really nice and fun to play with, we draw, blow pens, DS, listen to story books, play imaginative games, usually about dogs, talk and read. The best thing we did though was that they invited me for a sleepover on their boat called Starblazer. I slept in their cabin, their boat is much much bigger than Brimble. I would rather sleep on Starblazer than Brimble because they have duvets and not sleeping bags and their beds are much bigger and they have two heads with showers in them! Jo and Jim, the parents were on Brimble, drinking and having a good time while we watched the St Trinians, we used the VHF to talk to Brimble when we realised that I had forgotten to bring the Pringles and my DS. Then they also asked us to switch off the oven so that the dinner would not be burnt. It felt fun to be able to talk to Mum and Dad on the VHF, we felt grown up!



2 comments:

turquoisenicki said...

Hey Ella - when I look at your photos and read what you have written, it feels like you have grown up a lot since you went away! When you get back, we won't recognise you! Its lovely to hear about your new friends. Take care,
Nicki

Anonymous said...

Dear Ella & Jack

WE have just been reading about your adventures - FANTASTIC. You are learning so much about the world it must be very exciting! We hope you had a fab christmas and Happy new Year to you all. It is very , very cold here at the moment not rising above freezing during the day! It snowed alittle bit yesterday aswell.
Take care, Love
The Fanstones xxxxx