Monday, April 27, 2009

Antigua and Barbuda by Jack

Antigua and Barbuda by Jack
Ella and I loved Antigua, we had great food at the MadMongoose and even bought the tee shirts from there, we took Grandad there too and he loved it as well. I always order fish now, it is my favourite, so far I have eaten: swordfish, flying fish, both blue fin and yellow fin tuna, mahi mahi, barracuda, red snapper, grouper, grunt, Spanish makeral and makeral. We have caught a lot of fish too but there is afish poison over here in the warm water and you have to be careful which fish you eat, so many of the ones we catch we have to throw back, I get so cross becasue I really love fresh fish.
We love to have BBQ's and try to have them whenever we can, but the one we had in Antigua on Pidgeon beach is my favourite one so far and that is becasue Pete from Tigress brough his dinghy and he let Ella and I have a turn at sailing it. We sailed at least 6 knots in it, it was fantastic. When Mummy took a picture, Pete told me to hold up my can of coke and smile, I felt brilliant, thank you Pete.

Antigua was brilliant as well because we saw Grandad for the fisrt time in ages, it was good to see him and I was able to tell him lots of stories about sailing, it was great to have him on Brimble. Ella and I kept talking to him all the time.






Barbuda is special because it is a very flat land it is made up of dead coral from millions of years. As we sailed to Barbuda we saw the palm trees before we saw the land, that is how flat it was. Barbuda is also special becasue it has pink sandy beaches. Ella and I made a gigantic sandcastle after we had walked along the beach for TWO miles, we still could not see the end of the beach, the beach was 17 miles long! Our sandcastle was brilliant and we were sad to leave it.



Barbuda has very few people and only one road, made out of sand. We walked all the way to the only village on the island, I did not like that idea but we got a lift in the back of a pick up truck, it was so cool sitting in the back but it was bumpy. We did have to walk all the way back though in the heat and it took over two hours, I was exhausted, it was not very good. Everywhere in Barbuda there are wild donkeys, we saw maybe 50 in just one day in all over the place.








We had dinner with Pete and Anne on and she made us pizza, I was so happy, we can't make pizza on our boat because we don't have an oven, I miss that, it means we can't make cakes either, I think that is sad. Pete and Anne are great and we played Rumikub with Anne again, we are going to buy that game when we get back to England and I will play it with all my friends. We said goodbye to Pete and Anne because they had to go back south and we had to go and collect Grandad, it was sad, but they have promised that we can visit them back in Englan, I can't wait, they are my favourite adults.
























Ella and I mas]de

No comments: