Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Years Eve by Ella





Jack was not feeling well and I was worried about him: I kept checking his temperature and wetting a flannel to put on his forehead to cool him down. Daddy and I set off to set up the BBQ on the beach whilst Mummy looked after Jack and made the salads. When they arrived we ate some great chicken but Jack was not able to, he just sat there and did not even play any games. We built a beach fire after the BBQ, we put long sticks into the fire and watched our sticks burning, it was such good fun. Mummy had to take Jack back to the boat at 8pm as he really was not well. Daddy and I stayed on the beach and played beach games with everyone on Starblazer. We played Stuck in the Mud, Sharky Sharky and British Bulldog. They were really fun to play and it was harder than playing them on a playground as the beach had a slope into the sea and we also kept running into the water. It was harder too because when we played British Bulldog instead of tagging each other we wrestled the other one down onto the sand, it was so exciting. As we arrived back at Brimble just before midnight, the whole bay in Bequia became lit with beautiful fireworks, I loved the tall shooting ones that burst out in the sky with three different colours. This was the first New Year’s Eve I have celebrated, it was brilliant and I hope all the rest of my New Years Eve will be like it.

No comments: