Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Union Island by Ella 15/01/09



We were anchored at Frigate Island on Union Island, we were swimming around the boat and I thought Jack was joking that he had seen a stingray, I had seen one two days before that he had missed. All I could see was something moving that looked like pebbles moving with the current. It started to surface and came close to me, that is when I realised it WAS a stingray, my second one in a week! It was a spotted eagle ray. I kept still, he came up past me and then changed direction and swam off. The tail was so long on this one that it kept moving upwards, it was much longer than the one I saw in Tobago Cays. Daddy thinks the size of the sting ray though was smaller than the previous one, but that this tail was much longer. We then saw a second sting ray, this was a smaller one still and was the cousin called the eagle ray, a grey coloured one. It was a really exciting swim.


We also had been sailing with everyone from Starblazer which was great fun. After school each day, Jack and I were allowed to play with Josie and Clemmie and we even had a BBQ and bonfire on the beach and body surfed in the water at night too. It is great sailing with another boat.



Union Island main town called Clifton was great fun too. By the dingy dock they had a shark pool with five sharks in. Jack and I loved to watch them each time we came in. At the bar there the tables had painted games on them and Jack and i often played checkers, it was brilliant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacobus
You see the blue sea, we see the white snow. Today, the school was closed. So we played in the snow.
I have a puppy. His name is Hector. He is a miniature schnauzer. On Wednesday, we took him to a puppy party so he could meet other dogs.
I hope you are well Jack.
Love Anaïs

Anonymous said...

Dear Ella,
You seem so grown up Ella. Everything you write is brilliant and I look forward to reading what you have to say. I'm really wishing for sunshine like you have at the moment. The UK has had lots of snow this week. Sean and Olivia had two days off School! We were able to go sledging and build snowmen. I think it reminded Sean and Olvivia of being in Norway with you. Continue the good fun, work hard for your teachers and give a big hug to all.
love Sara
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hallo Ella,
ich habe deine Blog-Adresse von Luka. Ich schreibe auf Deutsch, damit du es nicht ganz vergisst. Morgen gibt es Ferien. Wir freuen uns alle darauf.
Ich wuensche dir weiter viel Spass auf deiner Segeltour!
Viele Gruesse aus Culham,
Eva Zimmermann

Anonymous said...

Hi Halsalls
Not sure about all this techno stuff, but found your initial e-mail whilst clearing out my - clogged - in box.
Hope you're all well, you certainly look to be!
As you probably know, we've had what counts as a cold winter nowadays. It went as low as -12 one night. And there was proper snow that stopped Nick's school from opening for three days.
Shan't write much more as I'm not sure if you'll get this, but hope you do....
Best wishes
Mark and Nick