Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St Lucia by Jacobus



Something very funny happened to me in St Lucia, I got covered in mud! We went to a volcano near the tall Pitons, where we could see the gas coming out of the earth and the mud boiling from all the heat. There was a terrible smell there like rotten eggs, but really it was sulphur from the earth being heated up, I did not like, it was horrible. As we were leaving we decided to go to the mud pool and see if we would swim. Daddy was first in the pool and said that I would not be able to bear it because it was hot, I went in before Ella and it was boiling hot, it was hotter than a bath and I have not had one since Barbados. It was as hot as can be and when I got used to it, it was lovely. I even swam under water in it! A local man called me out and he covered me in mud, it felt weird and I liked it, it was hot but it cooled down quite quickly. He said it would make me 10 years younger, that means I cannot be born yet! It was great and I loved it, I did not want to leave, but we were on a tour of the island and there was still much to see.

No comments: