Thursday, October 2, 2008

Food by Jacobus 02/10/08



There are some sweet foods called churros, they are Spanish and they are eaten for breakfast. They are bread like with lots of sugar on them, you dip them in any kind of chocolate, melted usually and you eat them. they are very messy to eat but they are very nice. they are my favourite. I even managed to find some in Potugal.

There are custard cakes called natas which are daddys favourite and I like them too, they are beautiful. the last one I had though I dropped half of it on the floor, I was very sad. These are very Portugess, everyone eats them.

There are sausages here a bit like salami and they are really really nice. I like the spicy ones the best, they are a bit like chillis. The Portugesse word for chilli is pimento and that is what I ask for.

There is a drink calle cola coa, it is exactly the same as hot chocolate and you can choose to have it hot or cold, we sometimes have it for breakfast. Someties they sprinkle this chocolate powder on the churros.

Daddy makes the best cheese on toast that you could ever imagine, they are beautiful. You have to try them if any of you come to the boat. Sometimes he hides chillis under the cheese so you do not knnow if you are going to get a hot one or not! It makes me feel spicy.

I like trying all the different foods in the different countries.

3 comments:

turquoisenicki said...

Hi Jack - the food sounds scrumptious and I think my favourite would be the chocolate dipper. I am a bit jealous about the chocolate! I miss you Jack. I know you are not that into football, but when you get to Madeira, look out for Cristiano Ronaldo because that is where he comes from (but I think he lives in Portugal most of the time). Make sure you be careful when you are doing the night watches.You sound really brave, I don't think I would want to do that. I miss you Jack. From Dylan

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack,

All the food sounds amazing. I love churros too, but is is as good as norwegian ris krem??

Keep writing about all the food, it's so exciting!

Love Aunti Nini xx

turquoisenicki said...

Hey Jack! Your Mum says you have just done a 4-day sail, which was quick because it might have taken 6 days. That was quite a long sail, and I hope it was exciting and fun. Looking forward to seeing it all on your blog. Love, Nicki (Dylan's Mum)
PS Dylan is in bed already when I am writing this, as he has to play in a football match in the morning.