Friday, October 31, 2008

Maderia - still here! by Ella 31/10/08

We are waiting to leave Maderia after nearly three weeks here because we need to see my Grandad, who we call Bestefar, in Tenerife, he arrives in 4 days time! But the problem is that the weather is really bad in that it is really windy here. Two boats have been out, one broke it´s mast and the other one had a knock down, that means the mast touches the sea, this is not a good thing to happen. So we are being safe and waiting for the wind to die down a bit before we leave and Bestefar will have to stay in a hotel till we can get there!

We have been busy and having fun though as there is another boat called Starblazer with two children on called Josie and Clemmie, we have had great fun with them and hope to keep meeting up with them in different islands too.

4 comments:

bestemor said...

Shame about the weather Ella, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get there in time for bestefar. Here in Norway winter has arrived. Snow came a couple of days ago and is still here.
My computer is now fixed so I have been able to watch your videos and listen to you, I have enjoyed it very much and look forward to the next one. I also enjoy reading your blogs of course.
Thinking of you all the time and missing you. Lots of love from bestemor. Love to Jack, mummy and daddy too.

Bev & Matt said...

Well I have read your blogs and watched your video's - great into music - Did Daddy chose that? I have to say I laughed and I almost cried, dont ask why I just get emotional - silly me. Matthew is super impressed by your knowledge of sailing. Yu must be having the grandest time, what a great adventure for you. Anyway, miss you all. Where will you be at Christmas time? We will be in Cyprus which Im sure is a long way from where you'll be. Hope the weather remains good for you, speak soon, take care. Beverley & Matthew. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Jack

I did enjoy your tour of Brimble. What a beautiful thing she is and what an adventure you're having!

Arthur went on a (much smaller) quad bike at half term. Of course he went too fast, but did great skids.

Now that the clocks have gone back, today will be the first day this year when we will need to use the floodlights for the rugby. I hope they still work.

You're probably now at Tenerife. Lucky you.

Please tell Ella that Scarlett sends her a huge winx wink, whatever that is.

And tell your mum and dad that we're not jealous and actually quite like soggy leaves, grey skies and early nights...so there.

Your rugby coach

Nina said...

Hello Ella and Jack!

I hear that you're setting sail tomorrow for the Atlantic trip.

Be sure to keep up the writing while you're on the move so you can let us know all about it when you reach Barbados!

We're enjoying watching the videos of you. Rhonda and I might have to do some of our own, to show you all the rainy wet windy weather in Manchester :)

Oodles of love,

Aunti Nini xx