Thursday, October 2, 2008

My day by Ella 02/10/08

I wake up in the forepeak, it is the front of the boat. This is my area of the boat. It has two bunks ( this is a boat name for a bed) which can turn into a double bunk, but we usually keep it non double. Under the mattress is a sheet called a lee cloth, you tie it up to two little ring holes and it stops you rocking and falling out of the bunk when you are sailing. When I am in a marina I do not put it up. I keep my books on two wooden shelves which makes the forepeak really cosy and my toys are kept in my rucksack on a hook near my head where I sleep. It is really snug and cosy.

I pretend to stay asleep and not to wake up when mummy calls me in the morning, but then I have to get up and get dressed. We then have breakfast, which is usually either ceral or crossiant and occasionally a drink called cola coa which Lydia and Ines introduced me to in Spain, it is like a chocolate milkshake drink. I love it. It is my job to wash the dishes, I do not mind doing it, it is more fun than at home because we put all the dishes into a foldaway washing up bowl, get off the boat and walk along the pontoon to the water tap and hosepipe. Sometimes Jack gets me really wet with the hosepipe when we wash up, it is great fun as the sun is so hot, so it cools me down.


We then have lessons with Mummy everyday inless we are sailing or sightseeing, this means if we miss school on a week day we have to have lessons on a Saturday or Sunday. We get homework too, but not as much as the European school I do not think! We usually have English, Maths and German with Mummy. Daddy teaches us geography, mental maths and science. Daddy is stricker than Mummy. He has made up lots of games though which are fun where we can earn points towards prizes, one maths game is called ~10 in a row for a cornetto. It is hard and we have to answer straight away with no pausing!

After lessons we have lunch on board the boat, we usually have this outside in the cockpit, it is so warm here in Lisbon and hot, I am already a dark brown colour and Jack is still very white! After lunch we can play, our favourtie can is to put the hosepipe in the cockpit and plug up the drain holes and then we can have a splash about and have a fun type of bath.

We then head off into the town and buy the food for the night, we take it in turns to choose the evening dinner, my last choice was for daddy to make us a Mexican. We love going to the internet cafe and playing a few games and writing the blog and checking our e-mails. I look forward to thie very much as I miss all my friends, please write to me or make comments on the blog. Mummy has fixed it now so you can all add comments on to each of the posts.

At night we have our dinner and then we play family games or listen to talking books. This is a lovely time of the day. Jack and I go to bed at the same time as Mummy and Daddy!

6 comments:

Blue Dolphin said...

From Beth

Hello Ella your trip sounds really exciting i wish i was there! sorry to hear that you were feeling a bit seasick i get seasick to! id really like to see your boat when you come back i would be in high school thats scary!!! your sooo lucky that you get tanned and jack doesnt please reply back to this comment I REALLY MISS YOU COME BACK

lots of love
Beth
xxx:)xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello, about time I cought up with you lot. It was lovely reading your posts I seem to have learned many things, still not entirely sure what Churros are but would like to try them if it doesnt involve milk. And as for Jon's Cheese on Toast, you kept that one a secret! And its fascinating learning what the beds are called on a boat and even the sheets .... sounds a bit bonkers to me, a Bed is a Bed and a sheet is a sheet, I hope your keeping the bedroom area tidy unlike Matthew and his room! Matthew says hello, he's just arrived home from his school Open Evening (he was doing Dance!). Selma, Jon, sounds like all is going well, certainly sounds like an adventure you're having. Miss you, Love You. xxx Will peek again soon.

Anonymous said...

by the way I dont know how I managed it, but my URL is 'no idea' so just in case you wondered who. Bev & Matthew

Anonymous said...

Hi Ella,

Making the bath sounds fun, I would love to do that with you! Two weeks ago I auditioned for Oliver, the show that's going to be in the West End. Unfortunately, I didn't get through, but my friend Mathew is in the workhouse. I had to sing in front of 3 judges on my own. I felt very nervous doing this. I really wanted to get a part and I was very sad afterwards.
Yesterday we set up our small chocolate fountain. I got a marshmellow and put chocolate on it, leaving it to go hard.
I keep on thinking of you all because Dad and I are reading the book Swallows and Amazons. Have you come across it?
I watched the dolphin video, I wish I could watch real dolphins.
I know your having fun. I'm going to try and write lots. Also, this is the sign of friends :] turn your head to the left. bye,
love Sean

Anonymous said...

Hello Ella!

This is a great blog. It's really nice to know what you fill your days with. It all sounds so new and exciting! Keep it up.

Love Auntie Nini xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ella,
I look forward to reading your blog so much! You are writing so beautifully, I can picture you saying the words. Please keep it up as all your adventures sound so great.
love Sare
xxx